What Documents are Needed to Apply for a FHA Loan?
Your loan approval depends 100% on the documentation that you provide at the time of pre-qualification. You will need to give accurate information on:
- Complete Income Tax Returns for past 2-years
- W-2 & 1099 Statements for past 2-years
- Pay-Check Stubs for past 2-months
- Self-Employed Income Tax Returns and YTD Profit & Loss Statements for past 3-years for self-employed borrowers
- Complete bank statements for all accounts for past 3-months
- Recent account statements for retirement, 401k, Mutual Funds, Money Market, Stocks, etc.
- Recent bills & statements indicating account numbers and minimum payments
- Landlord's name, address, telephone number, or 12- months cancelled rent checks
- Recent utility bills to supplement thin credit
- Bankruptcy & Discharge Papers if applicable
- 12-months cancelled checks written by someone you co-signed for to get a mortgage, car, or credit card, this indicates that you are not the one making the payments.
- Drivers License
- Social Security Card
- Any Divorce, Palimony or Alimony or Child Support papers
- Green Card or Work Permit if applicable
- Any homeownership papers
Refinancing or Own Rental Property
- Note & Deed from any Current Loan
- Property Tax Bill
- Hazard Homeowners Insurance Policy
- A Payment Coupon for Current Mortgage
- Rental Agreements for a Multi-Unit Property